Logo

Tyler Shough’s wife sues Saints medical staff for negligent diagnosis following his first game with the team

New Orleans, a new storm is hitting the New Orleans Saints as quarterback Tyler Shough’s wife has officially filed a lawsuit against the team’s medical staff, accusing them of careless and irresponsible diagnosis after her husband suffered a serious jaw injury during the team’s 34 to 10 loss to the Los Angeles Rams in Week 9 of the 2025 NFL season.

NFL Preseason Blitz: Saints get another look at QBs, and rookie Tyler Shough  starts slow - Yahoo Sports

The brutal collision and the “light” diagnosis

In his first official NFL start, Tyler Shough took a violent helmet to helmet hit from Rams linebacker Byron Young midway through the second quarter. The blow sent Shough crashing to the turf, clutching his face as medical staff rushed onto the field to assist him.

However, after only a few minutes of sideline evaluation, the Saints medical team concluded it was just a mild concussion, nothing serious, and cleared him to return to play. Shough reentered the game and even led a touchdown drive, the first scoring pass of his NFL career, a storybook moment that turned into a nightmare just days later.

Article image

When the real pain began

According to reports, on Tuesday morning (three days after the game), Tyler Shough woke up unable to close his mouth. His jaw was swollen and in severe pain, making it nearly impossible to eat or speak. After being examined at a private hospital, doctors confirmed that he had suffered significant damage to his lower jaw joint, likely as a result of the initial impact that the Saints medical staff had overlooked.

Upon learning the results, Shough’s wife, Emily Shough, filed a lawsuit in Louisiana state court on the evening of November 5, accusing the Saints medical staff of negligent diagnosis that caused long term harm and severe emotional distress to their family.

Emily Shough: “If they had done their job right, my husband wouldn’t have to suffer like this”

In her lawsuit, Emily wrote:

“They said it was just a mild concussion. But if they had taken the time to examine him properly, if they truly cared about his health instead of the game, my husband wouldn’t be spending nights in agony, unable to sleep from the pain.”

Sources close to the family said Emily had repeatedly expressed frustration and anger over how the Saints handled the situation, especially as Tyler was still required to speak to the media while suffering from excruciating pain. Reports confirmed that he underwent needle treatment to his face and jaw to manage the swelling, a detail corroborated by ESPN.

Internal reaction from the Saints

So far, the Saints have not issued an official statement, but internal sources say the lawsuit has created tension and unease inside the locker room and coaching staff.
Head coach Kellen Moore was reportedly “stunned” upon learning of the case, while Shough’s teammates have shown quiet support for the quarterback and his family, insisting the organization must “value players’ health more than the scoreboard.”

An anonymous player commented:

“We’re always told to trust the medical staff, but after this, people are starting to question things. No one wants to see a teammate go through that just because of a bad diagnosis.”

A new crisis in New Orleans

The lawsuit is being described as a major blow to the Saints’ reputation, already struggling through a 1 to 8 season.
The case has also sparked broader concerns about the NFL’s injury evaluation procedures, and could prompt an NFL Players Association (NFLPA) investigation if any violations are confirmed.

Despite the controversy, fans have shown strong sympathy and support for Tyler Shough, who displayed courage in his tough NFL debut. Many have dubbed him the warrior who couldn’t stay silent, both literally and symbolically, after the terrifying jaw injury.

The lawsuit filed by Emily Shough is now being reviewed by the Louisiana courts, and the Saints legal team is expected to release an official response in the coming days.

Bills WR Officially Benched After Repeatedly Showing Up Late to Team Meetings - This Is His Fifth Time Being Late, He Was Reportedly Intoxicated
SHOCKING news out of Orchard Park: The Buffalo Bills have indefinitely benched their former second-round wide receiver after yet another disciplinary incident. Sources inside One Bills Drive confirm this marks the FIFTH time in the 2025 season the player has been late to a team meeting — and the latest offense was the final straw: he reportedly showed up reeking of alcohol. Moments after Monday’s team meeting, head coach Sean McDermott addressed the media with a tone that left no room for interpretation: “The Buffalo Bills will not tolerate disrespect toward this football team, disrespect toward your teammates, and disrespect toward yourself. We’ve given chances, we’ve had private conversations, we’ve done everything we can. At this point, enough is enough. When you walk into this building, you represent an entire city and an entire fan base. We cannot and will not accept this any longer.” That player? None other than Keon Coleman — the once-hyped Florida State product drafted in the second round of 2024 to be Josh Allen’s next big-play weapon. From “generational talent” to full-blown headache in less than two seasons: Incidents 1–2: Late to meetings → internal warnings Incident 3: Benched for two full games in November 2025 Incident 4: Seen dancing on the sideline while serving that benching Incident 5: Showed up late AGAIN… and allegedly intoxicated → indefinitely removed from the active roster Just weeks ago, Bills Hall of Famer Andre Reed spent nearly two hours on the phone trying to mentor the 22-year-old, but it now appears the message fell on deaf ears. With no Bills receiver currently on pace for even 760 yards this season and the room already paper-thin after the Amari Cooper and Brandin Cooks additions, losing Keon Coleman — even for non-football reasons — is a gut punch. Bills Mafia is LIVID. Many are already calling for the front office to cut their losses, just like they did with first-round bust Kaiir Elam and second-round flop Boogie Basham. The million-dollar question now: Is this the end of Keon Coleman in Buffalo, or will Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane give him one final lifeline? Drop your take in the comments: Keep Keon and hope he grows up… or ship him out TODAY? 👇🔥