Logo

Packers Add 724-Catch Tight End to Pair with Luke Musgrave

Green Bay, WI – May 13, 2025 – The Green Bay Packers have bolstered their offense by signing veteran tight end Jimmy Graham, sources confirmed to NFL Network. With 724 career receptions, Graham joins Luke Musgrave, providing Jordan Love with a seasoned weapon to fuel their 2025 Super Bowl aspirations.

Graham, 38, previously played for the Packers from 2018 to 2019, recording 5 touchdowns over two seasons. He became available after parting ways with the New Orleans Saints at the end of 2023. General Manager Brian Gutekunst, working with a $8 million cap space, views Graham as a perfect complement to Musgrave, who managed only 391 yards in the 2023 season before suffering an ankle injury. The return of Christian Watson from an ACL injury further underscores the urgency to upgrade the offense.

“Graham is a reliable veteran,” Gutekunst told The Green Bay Press-Gazette. “He’ll make our offense more versatile.”

The Packers acquire Jimmy Graham, a tight end with 8,506 yards and 89 touchdowns across 184 career games. Although his production has declined in recent years, Graham’s blocking ability (PFF grade of 67.5 in 2023) and red-zone presence will complement the receiving skills of Musgrave and Tucker Kraft in Matt LaFleur’s scheme. Graham’s 1-year, $3 million deal is a low-risk move, saving cap space compared to retaining Ben Sims, who had just 4 receptions in 2024.

The Packers, who added Matthew Golden and Savion Williams in the 2025 NFL Draft, needed a second tight end to support Jordan Love’s 4,159-yard offense from 2024. Graham surpasses Sims and Tyler Davis in offensive contribution, while also enhancing the passing game, particularly against stout defenses like the Detroit Lions or Philadelphia Eagles. With Watson’s return, Graham’s addition promises to bring depth and experience to the Packers’ offense.

Jerry Jones Speaks Out, Criticizes the Controversy Surrounding the Cowboys WR After the Loss to the Lions
DALLAS — Jerry Jones has finally had enough. In a fiery radio interview on 105.3 The Fan Tuesday morning, the Cowboys owner publicly ripped into star wide receiver George Pickens for his explosive, now-deleted Instagram beef with Richard Sherman following the Thanksgiving nightmare against the Detroit Lions. “I love everything George has done this year,” Jones said. “But let me be very clear — I don’t want to see him sitting on Instagram arguing with Richard Sherman or anybody else. Put the phone down, stop the social media nonsense, and focus on playing football. That’s what we pay him for.” Mic drop. The 82-year-old owner rarely calls out his own players by name in public, making this one of the sharpest rebukes in recent Cowboys history. Quick recap of the chaos: Lions game: CeeDee Lamb gets hurt and leaves early → Pickens disappears with a miserable 5 catches for 37 yards. Richard Sherman goes on TV and says Pickens “quit on routes” and showed zero effort. Pickens claps back with a savage (and quickly deleted) Instagram story: “Old man still talking.” Internet explodes. Despite the ugly performance, Pickens still leads the Cowboys in every major receiving stat (78 receptions, 1,179 yards, 8 TDs), but Jerry Jones just drew a line in the sand: the social media wars end today. “I have zero concern about George competing and helping us win games on the field,” Jones continued. “My only concern is him wasting time and energy on this Instagram back-and-forth instead of turning the page.” Will this public dressing-down light a fire under Pickens… or pour gasoline on an already raging controversy? One thing is certain — every snap this Sunday will be scrutinized like never before. Is Jerry Jones right to go nuclear on his star WR? Or did he just make the drama ten times worse?